Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Tearing Away From Work

Captain Top Shelf
Laying in bed in Massachusetts.  Work is all done.  I won’t be back to my desk till December 21st.  I thought I’d be ecstatic tonight, but the Irish guilt has shown up in full force.  So much to do at work.  I keep forgetting that I will still be working my marketing role, just from the boat.

Top Shelf is in Hilton Head and has now dodged the bullet on three hurricanes in as many years.  Next fall I am committed to move her as three may be the end of the charm.  Since there was no damage, I’ll be on board my new home tomorrow reinstalling the bimini top, tender cover and paddle boards.

Lots of wind sheer in the upper atmosphere in the Caribbean and Eastern Atlantic.  No tropical storms as long as there is wind sheer.  Wind sheer came back just in time to knock the zip out of Florence turning her into a Cat 1 at landfall.   Windshear at 300-500 mb and a Caribbean SST of less than 26 degrees Celsius and we’ll start steering Top Shelf Southbound.

Till then, final prep and a waiting game.

Next blog....what I did for planning and preparation

No comments:

Post a Comment